BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Twitter Backgrounds »

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 1!

Day 1                                                                                                                                        July 3, 2011

So journal writing for the summer. Thank god. Helps my gears turn even when I’m on vacation. 
Anyways to start this off, my father told me it would be hot out here (meaning in D.C.). I laughed and shrugged him off. In the event I said that as we landed, I could see the sweat beads on the palms of my hand. Being a person who hardly ever sweats even during the heat in p.e covered in a black jacket. Now in skinnies and a bleach white shirt, wrapped in the sultry nature of the Baltimore area. The sun was shinning through the heavens, no clouds. Not even one as I look through the clear window of the airport. People stare. Everyone is in shorts revealing legs or a bare back. I quickly walk out the edgy sitch in the airport, to the grueling wait for our 4 bags weighing in around 30 pounds each for a 2 week stay come in. Lugging my huge pack as I look at my mothers small valise, I regret bringing so much. 
Suddenly the automatic doors open to the large pick up/ drop off area and a wall of heat hits so fast I couldn’t breathe right for the next 4 minutes. We walk towards the bus. I was wondering why the heck we couldn’t take a car. But that will prove itself during the stay. After the long ride from Baltimore  to the metro rail near the University Of Maryland (which is my dream school) we head to metropolitan D.C. As we step out side waiting for a taxi, it immediately began to rain so hard that the streets signs blew backwards and the wind could push my dad back. I never had so much fun standing in a storm in the middle of a city.
We arrive late around 8 p.m. because we are 3 hours ahead of California. How I missed the West Coast. I lay in bed home sick, I loved our new town house, but not like home.
Somehow I had the ability to eat sluggishly and doze off to bed. That is until the neighbors began to show off their speakers.

0 comments: