BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Twitter Backgrounds »

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Life In D.C

So sadly today is my last day in D.C. I was thinking about writing something along the lines of a journal of my days but then I didn't have enough time. So I'm hoping that I have some memory and that my brain isn't on snooze mode so I can write my experiences.

Just a quicky, if anyone's been to florida, you haven't seen anything. D.C is almost 100 degrees everyday and it's humid. May sound just like Florida. No. Your dreaming. Washington's heat is killer. Thankfully I'm used to wearing a jacket in the heat so it wasn't so horrible. Compared to Chicago mother nature was neutral.

Getting to the point of security out here. No matter where you go nor what your looking at, you are bound to run into an officer. I cannot tell you how many times we (me and the tourists) had to be searched in order to get anywhere. Even a bottle of melon lotion would be thrown out, no matter how ashy you were.
Thankfully, that didn't happen, at least to me.

Yet something amazing happened in these 2 weeks. Not only did I get to see His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, but met Ghandi's grandson and Martin Luther's Son. You do not know how much I wanted to run out of my seat and down to talk to Mr. Ghani's grandson. Rembering the movies I've seen of him and reading his biographies, seeing his relative was just so inspirational. I feel so lucky to know that my culture out of many, have so many followers and guiders.

Okay so there's the 411 on what happened in two weeks in extremely short detail. Keep in touch because more is coming!
Adios!

0 comments: